BLACKOUT 505 continues.
Adam Adli, the new voice of youthful Malaysia speaks with such power and conviction that the powers that be, see him as a threat to their shaky claim to rule this country. On 18th May Adam Adli arrested for this speech, spent 5 days in a police lock up and was released on bail on 24th May, but is charged with sedition. Here is the link to his speech:
If this threatens the powers that be, then it is true that a flower can shatter a stone. ( “The Flower that Shattered the Stone” John Denver). Many flowers for democracy, justice, and truth may bloom in a Malaysian Spring. The government’s attempt to ‘gag’ voices like Adam Adli’s will only multiply the voices raised by youthful Malaysia, the hope and future of our country.
- Malaysia charges student activist with sedition (arunbabyveranakunnel.wordpress.com)
- Then they came for Adam Adli (asiapacific.anu.edu.au)
- What would you give to have Adam Adli freed? (harismibrahim.wordpress.com)
- Two Najib Opponents Arrested in Malaysia as Anwar Holds Rallies – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Malaysian authorities crack down on opposition activists (guardian.co.uk)